Sentinel Spectrum Without Vet Prescription
Sentinel is a monthly, beef-flavored chewable oral tablet for dogs that ensures the healthiest state of your pet dog. It is considered powerful parasite prevention for dogs. This veterinarian-approved medication protects your feline friend from various internal and external tiny parasites that are dangerous to your pet’s health. It is also helpful in the prevention of vicious heartworm disease transmitted from the mosquito bite.
Collectively Sentinel Spectrum tablet shields your pooch against 6 parasites that include:
In addition to these 4 parasites, Sentinel puts an end to fleas before they become adults and also prevents your canine friend from heartworm disease. Sentinel Spectrum is classified as an OTC (Over the Counter) product that requires no vet prescription and it is helpful to avoid any health complications in your pet dog.
Difference between Sentinel & Sentinel Spectrum tablets:
These two products are extremely similar and also produced by the same company, but there are few differences also:
- Sentinel has only two key ingredients, milbemycin oxime, and lufenuron, but Sentinel Spectrum has praziquantel also as one of its active ingredients.
- Sentinel treats 5 common parasites and it cannot treat tapeworm infections. However, Sentinel Spectrum is a more improved version with having the ability to treat 6 parasites including tapeworm.
- Sentinel is safe to use for your dogs from the young age of 4 weeks with weighing 2 lbs. While Sentinel Spectrum can be administered to your pet dogs as young as 6 weeks and 2 lbs in weight.
- It is not difficult to find the generic version of Sentinel with similar ingredients a little bit cheaper, but the generic availability of Sentinel Spectrum is difficult.
Active ingredients in Sentinel Spectrum & how they work:
Sentinel Spectrum is a medication for dogs with three active ingredients:
- Milbemycin oxime
Milbemycin oxime is a strong heartworm disease preventative, parasiticide, and a dewormer, or anthelmintic. It is a proven heartworm preventative ingredient with trusted efficiency against common intestinal worms.
Lufenuron is an insecticide that is the only effective systemic, proven, and safe insect growth regulator (IGR). It distributes into the body fat of your pet dog as food for adult fleas that eat it and pass it on to their eggs. Lufenuron inhibits the development of chitin that makes the exoskeleton of larval fleas. During hatching, the inner organs of larval fleas get exposed to air and they die.
Praziquantel present in Sentinel Spectrum stops parasitic worm infections before they become a real danger for your pooch.
How to administrate Sentinel Spectrum for dogs?
Sentinel Spectrum for dogs is administered orally once a month. With having beef flavor it can also be used as a dog treat to protect your pup for the next 30 days. It can be used year-round for maximum prevention from ectoparasites and endo-parasites.
It is safe and effective for puppies that are 2lbs in weight and at least 6 weeks old. Sentinel Spectrum is available in 4 colored packs that you can buy without a vet prescription. This color difference represents sentinel tablets for dogs based on their body weight:
- The orange box is for dogs with 2-8 lbs. body weight
- Green box is for dogs with 8.1-25 lbs. body weight
- The yellow box is for dogs with 25.1-50 lbs. body weight
- The blue box is for dogs with 50.1-100 lbs. body weight
Dogs should be tested for heartworm before using this product. Sentinel Spectrum is not evaluated for breeding, pregnant, and lactating dogs. This product is not suitable for dogs to weigh less than 2 pounds and puppies below 6 weeks old.
Benefits of Sentinel Spectrum for dogs:
Following are few benefits of using Sentinel Spectrum for dogs to prevent against ecto and endoparasites:
- Topical products usually leave some body parts insufficiently protected such as ears and between the legs. Active ingredients of Sentinel Spectrum reach the parasite through the blood everywhere in your pet’s body.
- The efficiency of this drug is not dependent on exposure to dirt, washing, bath, sun, rain, shampooing, etc.
- There is no fear of contaminating the other pet’s hair coat: it does not require avoiding contact for children and adults after administering Sentinel Spectrum.
Disadvantages of Sentinel Spectrum for dogs:
Before buying Sentinel Spectrum without a vet prescription you need to keep few risk factors in your mind:
- It is less convenient to administer tablets than the spot-on method of administering Sentinel Spectrum.
- Pet can vomit out the orally administered substance, tablet, paste, or suspension and you may have to repeat the procedure.
- Fleas have to bite or suck the blood before they are sterilized or killed.
Potential side effects of Sentinel Spectrum:
Sentinel Spectrum is considered a very safe drug to control the population of fleas and treat the diseases caused by fleas and intestinal parasite infestation. But certain adverse effects may appear in your canine friend. However the rate of adverse effects is so rare, but before buying Sentinel Spectrum without a prescription it is highly advised to consult your vet doctor before use. The potential side effects of Sentinel Spectrum may include:
- Ataxia, Convulsions
- Skin Congestion
PROS & CONS of Sentinel Spectrum:
Protecting your dog from parasites is your responsibility. Intestinal parasites and fleas can interfere with the quality of your pup’s life while heartworms are just deadly.
Sentinel Spectrum is a powerful product to protect your pet dog from internal and external parasites such as tapeworm, hookworm, fleas, etc, and dangerous heartworm diseases. You can buy this effective product to protect your pet dog without a vet description online.
Make it possible to administer the right dose to avoid any complications and prefer to consult your vet before using it for the treatment even without a prescription.
Happy Petting 🙂
You May Also Like
Best Yard Spray For Fleas And Ticks
Dog Heartworm Treatment Cost
Flea Treatment For Puppies 8 Weeks Old
How Long Do Bravecto Side Effects Last?
How Long Does Nexgard Last